Σχετικά με το Time.is
On Time.is you can:
- Find out what the exact time is right now at any of 7 million locations around the world
- Check the accuracy of your clock
- Compare time at different locations
You will also find:
- Sunrise and sunset times
- Information about which time zone a location belongs to
- Information about today's holidays and observances
- Latitudes and longitudes
- Integrated, full screen Google Maps
- Population numbers
- Key information about every country in the world
Time.is is friendly to mobile devices. It uses minimal bandwidth and the design is adapted to small screens.
Precision - synchronized with atomic clock time
Time.is is synchronized with an atomic clock - the most accurate time source in the world.
The displayed time will normally have a precision of 0.02-0.10 seconds.
The precision depends on your internet connection and how busy your computer is.
What makes Time.is exact
- Time.is displays the time for your detected (or chosen) location, not the time according to your computer's clock.
- The server which hosts Time.is is synchronized to atomic clock time.
- Time.is adjusts to DST (Daylight Saving Time) even if your computer clock doesn't.
- Time.is is always updated with the latest information about DST transitions.
- The displayed time is not just updated once a second, but at the beginning of every second.
Many web clocks, and even the clock of some operating systems, will update the seconds at an arbitrary time within the second, and will drift when the computer is busy, causing jumps of two seconds when the drift has accumulated to a second.
- If you adjust your computer clock, Time.is will issue a resynchronization.
- Time.is is hosted on a modern, quick, dedicated server, which delivers the requested page in minimum time.
- The code for Time.is is trimmed and light-weight, thus eliminating latency caused by the time it takes for the page to load and render.
- Synchronization via Ajax ensures maximum accuracy.
Time.is aims to be the most accurate, the most reliable and the most user-friendly source of time and time related information on the web. Although we do our best to provide correct information, no warranty is given, and any use of information provided by Time.is is at your own risk. Population numbers may not be recent. If you find any errors, please notify us!
- Geonames.org for their database of more than 7 million location names
- timekeeper.uio.no for time synchronization
- Ayşegül Ataman for Turkish translation
- Hans Lemuet for French translation
- José Oliveira for Portuguese translation
- Peni Popov (CERTomaz) for Bulgarian translation
- Sander Meijer for Dutch translation
- Simonny Soares for Brazilian Portuguese translation
- 陈式坚 (xmsz) for Chinese translation
- Kujtim Gacaferri for Albanian translation
- Antonio Dei Giudici (Artimediali Web Agency) for Italian translation
- Ali Al-Ohali for Arabic translation
- Vassilis Pitsounis for Greek translation
- YOU for using Time.is!
Time.is was created by Even Scharning / Netburn Web Solutions.
Time.is collects information about visitors for statistical purposes. Only technical information is collected, no personal information.
Third parties may be placing and reading cookies in your browser, or using web beacons to collect information as a result of ad serving on Time.is.
Time.is is made for humans. Automatic refresh and any usage from within scripts and apps is forbidden. If you need time synchronization for your app, please contact us about our API.
Time Zone Database
Time.is relies on time zone data from the IANA Time Zone Database. We always strive to keep Time.is updated with the latest version of the IANA Time Zone Database. When the IANA Time Zone Database has not caught up with the latest time zone developments, we apply our own temporary patches.
Time.is is currently using version 2013h of the IANA Time Zone Database (with no patches). Last update: 2013-10-29